[lucida] Problems with newly bought lucida fonts

André Fettouhi a.fettouhi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:05:15 CEST 2009

To Lucida mailinglist

I just bought the complete fontset of Lucida and I'm having trouble
getting it to work in my TeX Live installation on Arch Linux (64 bit). I
have installed the files as described in the e-mail I got and I have run
the command

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

and

sudo mktexlsr

but when I run the lucida-amsmath.tex file. I just get an dvi output
full of black squares and missing fonts ouput (see attachment). What did
I do wrong?

Kind Regards

André Fettouhi

Dr. rer. nat. André Fettouhi, Postdoc.
Center for Phase Equilibria and Separation Processes (IVC-SEP)
DTU Chemical Engineering
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
Technical University of Denmark
Søltofts Plads
Building 229, room 218
2800 Kgs. Lyngby