[lucida] Lucida Bright installation trouble on Debian

Martin Ansdell-Smith mansdell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:54:12 CEST 2009

Michael,

Having gone through this recently, installing the fonts onto a couple
of Ubuntu 9.04 systems running TeXlive 2008, I have the fonts working
on both (AFAIK). Running the same grep command on one of these:

mas at voco:~$ locate lucida | grep sty
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucbmath.sty
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidabr.sty
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidbrb.sty
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidbry.sty
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucmin.sty
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucmtime.sty
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/luctime.sty
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucbmath.sty
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidabr.sty
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidbrb.sty
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidbry.sty
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucmin.sty
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucmtime.sty
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lucidabr/luctime.sty

( on my systems, kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFLOCAL returns
/usr/local/texlive/2008/../texmf-local
and hence the difference in installation directory from your system, I assume)

latex lucida-sample.tex runs without a problem and the log file .sty
references are:

mas at voco:~/lucida-test$ grep '\.sty' lucida-sample.log
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/textcomp.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/../texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidabr/lucidabr.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ltxmisc/framed.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ifpdf.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ltxmisc/url.sty

Hope that helps

Martin

--
Martin Ansdell-Smith