[lucida] Lucida Bright installation trouble on Debian

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Aug 10 20:22:27 CEST 2009

Hi Michael,

> I'm trying to install the Lucida fonts from TUG on debian lenny / texlive,

Thanks for supporting TUG.

> found. In addition, I'm a bit foggy about the significance of the lucida.sty
> package - is there any such package, or should I use another one? Can anyone
> tell me how do diagnose the problem?

I and my professor wrote lucida.sty many years ago for LaTeX 2.09.
There's no reason to use it now.  The lucida-sample.tex files uses
lucidabr, not lucida:

\usepackage[altbullet]{lucidabr}

Does the lucida-sample.tex in the zip file we gave you really
\usepackage{lucida}?  I'm not seeing that ...

But anyway, I think the answer is to \usepackage{lucidabr} and be happy :).

Best,
Karl