lucida] Lucida installation with RPM

Andreas Scherer andreas_tug at freenet.de
Sat Dec 17 21:50:18 CET 2005

Greetings, Michael,

> I don't have the fonts presently - I have to wait until January.
If it helps, I could send you a "table of contents" of lucida-complete.zip
(and the contained archive lucida-fontinst.zip). In the meantime I had a look
at the dividing line between Walter Schmidt's stuff and the non-distributable
font files. OpenSUSE (and probably many other teTeX-based distributions) has
all the free stuff pre-installed. See my second lucida.spec file.

> %define texmf /usr/local/share/texmf
> I don't like that. I don't like _anything_ owned by rpm in /usr/local
> %{!?_texmf: %define _texmf %(eval "echo `kpsewhich -expand-var
> '$TEXMFMAIN'`")}
For the time being I'll stick with $TEXMFLOCAL, although there can not
possibly be a conflict when one puts the Lucida outlines into $TEXMFMAIN.
Cool operator though! :-)

Cheers
--
Andreas Scherer
Eichendorffstraße 2, 10115 Berlin, Germany