lucida] Lucida installation with RPM

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Dec 17 18:49:35 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 04:45 -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 11:18 +0100, Andreas Scherer wrote:
> > Hello group,
> >
> > First, many thanks to all involved for the excellent package and the smooth
> > service!
> >
> > Second, I would like to submit a RPM spec file for creating a "real" package
> > of the Lucida fonts on systems that understand that packaging format. (For
> > systems with other packaging managers, the "alien" converter comes to help.)
>
> I would be interesting in helping with this - creating a generic spec
> file that should work for anyone.

Completely untested - but attached is what I would probably do for a
Fedora(ish) system.

Yes it results in the rpm owning some directories owned by other rpms as
well - that's generally not a problem.

It also tries to make the fonts available to the system in general via
fontconfig (completely untested) - Lucida fonts are the most gorgeous
fonts I've ever seen as far as a series goes, might as well make good
use of them :)

I can't test until January, but maybe someone else can.