[luatex] Moving the luatex repo.

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:02:52 CEST 2022

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 at 10:17, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 at 10:08, Norbert Preining wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2022, luigi scarso wrote:
>> > In several documents I see that svn2git is suggested
>> > https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git
>>
>> What is with https://github.com/TeX-Live/luatex
>> It contains the complete history and branch.
>>
>> It still contains reverences to svn (since it is a permanent svn2git
>> repo), but I could do a one-show conversion that drops there refs.

There's also nothing wrong with keeping references to SVN.
(Purely personal opinion: either option is perfectly fine.)

> Ah ok..this is a solid option. I am already tempted to say "ok go", but before I need to have a bit more context of all the matter.

I definitely vote to take Norbert's mirror as the base for future development.
He spent a significant effort to get the conversion done right.
If you see any errors / something missing, those things can be fixed.

I don't think it makes much sense to reinvent the wheel again.
(If you don't like GitHub, you can of course create a mirror on
GitLab, but there's no need to do a conversion from scratch.)

Mojca