[luatex] luatex doesn't know `TFMFONTS` environment variable

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 9 11:02:22 CET 2022

On 1/9/2022 10:49 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> It seems that luatex only knows how to handle the `TEXFONTS` environment
> variable for TFM files but not `TFMFONTS` – I did a test adding a
> directory tree with
>
>    TFMFONTS=".../foo/bar//;"
>
> and the TFM files were not found.  Doing the same with `TEXFONTS` it
> works as expected.
>
> If this is intentional please document it.
\startitem
     When kpathsea is used to find files, \LUATEX\ uses the \type {ofm} file
     format to search for font metrics. In turn, this means that
\LUATEX\ looks at
     the \type {OFMFONTS} configuration variable (like \OMEGA\ and
\ALEPH) instead
     of \type {TFMFONTS} (like \TEX\ and \PDFTEX). Likewise for virtual
fonts
     (\LUATEX\ uses the variable \type {OVFFONTS} instead of \type
{VFFONTS}).
\stopitem