[luatex] Accessing external Lua libraries

Andreas Matthias andreas.matthias at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:00:49 CET 2021

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 4:00 PM luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 3:44 PM Andreas Matthias <andreas.matthias at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 2:32 PM luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > You can run luatex --kpathsea-debug=-1
>> > to check what kpse is doing.
>>
>> Well, I can see how TEXMF... variables are expanded, but nothing about
>> LUAINPUTS.
>> Do I have to compile luatex with certain compiler flags to make this work?
>
> hm no... Have you seen
> in  luatex.pdf ?

Ok, my fault. I saw that kpse library was loaded with plain luatex and
misinterpreted this.
Unfortunately, I do not really understand how package.searchers is
working. I'll try
to catch up on this.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about my first question in the original
email concerning
"init.lua" files: I'd like to load a library with e.g.

   require ('foobar')

when this statement refers to a file ".../foobar/init.lua", not "foobar.lua".
How can I achieve this? I'm sorry if this question is related to my
lack of understanding
of the topic above.

Andreas