[luatex] How to correct expand user commands in lualatex?

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 22:07:07 CET 2020

Dear Sasha,

That is impossible to do generically because LaTeX has fragile commands.
You can do it case-by-case using the \robustify macro from the etoolbox
package, but that has to be applied manually to all commands that appear
inside the equation and should not be expanded, e.g.:

    \usepackage{etoolbox}
    \robustify\frac

>From your use of unicode-math I infer that you are using LuaTeX, so why
don't you use the generic math tagging solution that I have spoonfed you
some time ago on TeX.SX?

    https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/495230

Cheers, Henri