[luatex] MWE now failing with recent TeX Live update

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Mar 16 17:23:29 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 05:02:35PM +0100, Javier Bezos wrote:
> As you know, I announced in the hyphenation list the patterns
> loader will change and even opened a discussion. On 2016-1-10
> I posted the last announce, but there was no answer-- until it
> was released a few weeks later.

  What answer did you expect?  You said you would do something, I didn't
have any particular comment; however I made it very clear, when I
realised you had silently updated Babel a few weeks later, that it was
not appropriate to make incompatible changes without announcing them
beforehand (http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-hyphen/2016-February/001369.html)
It's simply unfathomable that you went ahead and did it again a second
time.

> Don't be so dramatic! ;-) It's quite useable if you preload patterns
> with babel as I explained.

  And how would Polyglossia users know that?  Surely you must have
realised that many people choose Polyglossia because they want to avoid
Babel at all cost; how do think I should explain to them that they
should load it after all?

>                            If you need some help to fix polyglossia
> asap, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll do my best and I'll prioritize
> this task.

  I don't need your help.  I need you to not actively create problems
when there were none in the first place.  That's quite apart from the
fact that the change was essentially useless in my opinion.

	Arthur