[luatex] MWE now failing with recent TeX Live update

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Wed Mar 16 17:02:35 CET 2016

Arthur,

>> The `base' option in babel just preloads the patterns. I'm aware
>> this change in babel can be somewhat annoying
>
>    The change in itself is not a problem, only the fact that you made it
> without	warning (twice!).

As you know, I announced in the hyphenation list the patterns
loader will change and even opened a discussion. On 2016-1-10
I posted the last announce, but there was no answer-- until it
was released a few weeks later.

>    Just to confirm, Polyglossia is completely unusable with LuaTeX at the
> moment because of that change in Babel, and I'm working on fixing this.

Don't be so dramatic! ;-) It's quite useable if you preload patterns
with babel as I explained. If you need some help to fix polyglossia
asap, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll do my best and I'll prioritize
this task.

Javier