[luatex] latest 'fixes' don't fix....again.

Christian Schenk cs at miktex.org
Thu May 9 21:16:53 CEST 2013

On 5/9/2013 3:22 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Do, 09 Mai 2013, Evan Cooch wrote:
>> ... not only alert Christian, but work with him on some fixes
>
> Unfortunately although there have been several attempts in the
> past, Christian is not interested in common development and
> collaboration.

Evan has directed me to this list so I have the opportunity to answer.

It's not true that I have no interest in collaboration. But: my current
workflow is optimized in such a way that it allows me to do the
packaging (grab stuff from CTAN and make MiKTeX packages) and upgrade
programs. Collaboration requires a lot of communication (reading and
writing mails), i.e. it requires (a lot of) time. Since I have a
full-time job and some time consuming hobbies, there is not much time
left for TeX related collaboration and/or development (at the moment).

I will subscribe to this list (yet another) and will try my best to hold
back pre-release stuff in the future.