[luatex] WIKI seems to be hacked

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Dec 6 10:08:01 CET 2013

On 12/05/2013 08:06 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> when I opened, for my curiosity, this page:
> http://wiki.luatex.org/index.php/Special:RecentChanges
>
> there were lot of suspicious user accounts created every day.

Yeah, but these are in fact quite harmless. The wiki now has >1000
users, but only a dozen or so real ones. I am tempted to just
delete all users that have zero contributions directly in the
database, that should weed out things nicely.

The actual pages in the wiki look fine, except that nearly all
are outdated: I doubt that any of the example code blocks still
work without having to edit the lua code. :(

So, alternatively, we could simply remove the current wiki completely,
and start a completely fresh one with a new mediawiki install
and some sort of captcha subsystem.

Best wishes,
Taco