[luatex] accented characters in plain luatex

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Tue May 31 15:14:13 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 31 May 2011 08:50:11 -0400 schrieb John Culleton:

> Thanks Taco. In any plain version, pdftex or luatex, I will be using 7t
> from now on in, and 8t for LaTeX variants.

In 7t the accented chars are build by putting an accent over a char.
So you won't be able to copy and paste the characters in the pdf,
instead you will get something like this "`a ´a".

I would prefer the 8t-variant. Quite a lot accented chars can be
writen directly, and for others you can try the acmacros.sty from
the ec-plain package:

\input acmacros.sty

\font\test= pplr8t

\test áà éè \`a \'a