[luatex] lua-inputenc

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Feb 16 10:41:29 CET 2009

Hans Hagen a écrit :
> no, because in many cases one writes files directly via the lua io
> library; i remember that we considered a callback but decided that it
> would become too messy; there is in tex detailed control over the kin
> dof file that is read (tex files vs font files for instance) but
> writing can be anything.

For my particular case, I think a callback would still be justified: if
I'm writing this package, it's for people who want to process their old
documents through LuaTeX, if they start to use the lua io library, then
they should definitely write everything in UTF-8. In the case of
packages like mine, it would be very useful to be able to process the
output buffer of TeX... For example a process_tex_output_buffer would be
good I think...

> actually, since you already do something with the input, i suppose
> that you could easilly do it there: you can check if an aux file is
> opened (look at suffix), then set some flag, and treat its data in a
> special way

The solution I have now is to register a function in the
process_input_buffer callback, but I don't think I can trigger changes
in my function (like for example when it reads an aux file), can I? Do I
have to register functions in the readers callbacks to do so?

Thank you in advance,
--
Elie