[luatex] lua-inputenc

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 16 10:47:50 CET 2009

Elie Roux wrote:
> Hans Hagen a écrit :
>> no, because in many cases one writes files directly via the lua io
>> library; i remember that we considered a callback but decided that it
>> would become too messy; there is in tex detailed control over the kin
>> dof file that is read (tex files vs font files for instance) but
>> writing can be anything.
>
> For my particular case, I think a callback would still be justified: if
> I'm writing this package, it's for people who want to process their old
> documents through LuaTeX, if they start to use the lua io library, then
> they should definitely write everything in UTF-8. In the case of
> packages like mine, it would be very useful to be able to process the
> output buffer of TeX... For example a process_tex_output_buffer would be
> good I think...

in that case, when some user opens a file for writing, you also need
ways to turn off that processing which adds another layer of management
there

>> actually, since you already do something with the input, i suppose
>> that you could easilly do it there: you can check if an aux file is
>> opened (look at suffix), then set some flag, and treat its data in a
>> special way
>
> The solution I have now is to register a function in the
> process_input_buffer callback, but I don't think I can trigger changes
> in my function (like for example when it reads an aux file), can I? Do I
> have to register functions in the readers callbacks to do so?

in the open_read_file callback you return a reader funtion that reads a
line of code, so in the case of an aux file, you just return a different
  reader function (i.e. one that proprocesses your code)