[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Apr 16 19:04:49 CEST 2009

Elie Roux a écrit :
> I think it's totally confusing to have
>
> luatex and dviluatex
> pdflualatex and lualatex

I agree. I see no point in doing such a change. Names are (almost) coherent now:
everything that does not start with pdf outputs dvi, except for xetex, because
there is only one mode here. It already is complicated enough.

While talking about ini files, in order to obtain faster start-up time with
LaTeX, it would be highly desirable to have a babel update in order to load
hyphenation patterns just-in-time (eg hooking into \select at language), and then
prevent them to be loaded at format generation time.

Manuel.