[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 20:19:35 CEST 2009

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Elie Roux a écrit :
>> I think it's totally confusing to have
>>
>> luatex and dviluatex
>> pdflualatex and lualatex
>>
> I agree. I see no point in doing such a change. Names are (almost) coherent now:
> everything that does not start with pdf outputs dvi, except for xetex, because
> there is only one mode here. It already is complicated enough.

Well, I disagree. One thing I really like about XeLaTeX is that I don’t
have to take care about output modes. I write my code and get the pdf.
It would be fine if this was possible with LuaLaTeX, too. The format
name pdfLuaLaTeX is just too complicated for the ”preferred“ mode, as
Taco says.

Just a thought from a ”normal user“.

Arno