[luatex] ini files for TL 2009

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Apr 16 18:31:11 CEST 2009

Hi Taco,

On Do, 16 Apr 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> > \catcode `\{=1
> > \catcode `\}=2
> > \directlua{tex.enableprimitives('', tex.extraprimitives('etex', 'pdftex'))}
> > \catcode `\{=11
> > \catcode `\}=11
>
> You are talking about the (pdf)lualatex.ini files, yes?
>
> For reference, Hans' luatex.tex ('plain style' luatex) now looks
> like this:
>
>   % this will load plain and luatex-fonts
>   \input plain
>   \directlua {tex.enableprimitives('', tex.extraprimitives())}
>   \pdfoutput = 1
>   \everyjob\expandafter{\the\everyjob\input luatex-fonts\relax}
>   \dump

Good question. For TeX Live, and as I am packaging for Debian ATM, also
for Debian, what .ini files do you suggest?

Currently we have:
	luatex.ini
	pdfluatex.ini
	lualatex.ini
	pdflualatex.ini
and the programs are named the same.

Do you have a suggestion for those ini files which are not depending on
luatex-fonts.tex etc etc?

We could also change that to
	luatex.ini	-> pdf mode
	dviluatex.ini	-> dvi mode
etc but for lualatex I guess it should default to .dvi still, or?

Best wishes

Norbert