[lltx] Conflict with Miktex and the new oberdiek.luatex.lua

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 16 15:14:10 CEST 2013

Am Thu, 16 May 2013 12:16:35 +0200 schrieb Élie Roux:

> Dear Ulrike,
>
> Sadly, we are not in charge of the oberdiek bundle. We provided a patch
> for it to work in TeXLive 2013 because Heiko was not responding and it
> was a blocking issue for TeXLive 2013 pretest, but this should
> definitely be reported to the author. I don't think it's our or
> TeXLive's responsibility to provide patches for oberdiek bundle or for
> MikTeX...

Sure. But on the other side if you patch a file it doesn't do any
harm to patch it in a way that works with more then one version.
After all it is quite possible that some of the developers will need
to run tests with older binaries.

> Anyway, you can ask Karl to commit a patch in TeXLive's svn
> for MikTeX compatibility, though it sounds a bit weird, it's up to him
> to decide.

I have now added temporarly a test to my version of the file

if tex.luatexversion < 76
 then
 table.insert(package.loaders, kpse_module_loader)
 else
 table.insert(package.searchers, kpse_module_loader)
end

> We also provided other patches that might not work with MikTeX, one was
> in pdftexcmds.lua and another in hologo.sty.

I will keep this in mind in case I run into some error. Until then I
will left them unchanged.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/