[lltx] Pending luaotfload issue

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Mar 2 11:20:02 CET 2011

Le 02/03/2011 10:55, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>> And the main pending thing is "include the newest context code".
>
> ConTeXt beta require luatex 0.65.x and likely to require even higher
> versions as development goes, so sync is unlikely to happen before
> texlive2011 (the code we borrow might not actually be that dependant on
> new luatex, but one need to check carefully).

That's why Élie's suggestion of maintaining two branches (one for recent LuaTeX,
with ConTeXt code regularly merged in, and one for whatever version of LuaTeX is
in "stable" distros) sounds interesting. The stable branch would either include
only bugfixes, or even be completely frozen to reduce the amount of maintainer work.

Ulrike, what's the situation with LuaTeX on MikTeX? Is it updated regularly, or
only once per MiKTeX version, as in TeX Live ? The underlying question is: is it
worth releasing the unstable version to CTAN for the benefice of MikTeX, or is
LuaTeX too old there too?

Manuel.