[lltx] Pending luaotfload issue

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Mar 2 11:53:52 CET 2011

Am Wed, 02 Mar 2011 11:20:02 +0100 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> Le 02/03/2011 10:55, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
>>> And the main pending thing is "include the newest context code".
>>
>> ConTeXt beta require luatex 0.65.x and likely to require even higher
>> versions as development goes, so sync is unlikely to happen before
>> texlive2011 (the code we borrow might not actually be that dependant on
>> new luatex, but one need to check carefully).
>>
> That's why Élie's suggestion of maintaining two branches (one for recent LuaTeX,
> with ConTeXt code regularly merged in, and one for whatever version of LuaTeX is
> in "stable" distros) sounds interesting. The stable branch would either include
> only bugfixes, or even be completely frozen to reduce the amount of maintainer work.
>
> Ulrike, what's the situation with LuaTeX on MikTeX? Is it updated regularly, or
> only once per MiKTeX version, as in TeX Live ? The underlying question is: is it
> worth releasing the unstable version to CTAN for the benefice of MikTeX, or is
> LuaTeX too old there too?

miktex has still luatex 0.60.2. It hasn't update it since the
release, but this can change. E.g. xetex was updated regularly
sometimes only a few days after the original version.

(I made a feature request that it updates more frequently).

So the current stable version is more or less enough for miktex.

But it is not very difficult to use a development version of e.g.
w32tex.org. I have setup a small "texlive-tree" which reuses most of
my miktex files and which I use when I want to test different
versions. So an unstable version somewhere else would be interesting
also for me as miktex user.

--
Ulrike Fischer