[lltx] luamplib problem

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Sep 22 18:29:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 06:00:21PM +0200, Elie Roux wrote:
> Ivo Geradts a écrit :
> >Because of my holiday I have been mostly away from my keyboard
> >last weeks, but in the meantime I have been thinking about your
> >luaTeX packages. I wondered whether you have already found someone
> >who will take over their maintenance. If that is not the case, I
> >am happy to offer my help (although I am not completely sure
> >whether I am qualified for the job).
>
> Hello,
>
> it's really nice of yours to offer your help in this area! The best
> mail address for the lualatex packages though is
> lualatex-dev at tug.org (in copy).
>
> > [...]
> >What would be the way to go, if we would like to assist
> >maintaining them?
>
> Khaled Hosny has already proposed himself for the maintainance, but
> I think he has largely enough work with luaotfload... Khaled, what
> do you think?

I had some ideas that I wanted to experiment with (mainly supporting
text labels that would be typeset by the same instant to TeX ensuring
that fonts, directionality and so are the same as body text), but I did
not actually look at the code for a while now. So, if someone else wants
to take care of it, that would even be better and one can always
contribute patches when needed.