[lltx] luamplib problem

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Sep 22 18:00:21 CEST 2010

Ivo Geradts a écrit :
> Because of my holiday I have been mostly away from my keyboard last
> weeks, but in the meantime I have been thinking about your luaTeX
> packages. I wondered whether you have already found someone who will
> take over their maintenance. If that is not the case, I am happy to
> offer my help (although I am not completely sure whether I am qualified
> for the job).

Hello,

it's really nice of yours to offer your help in this area! The best mail
address for the lualatex packages though is lualatex-dev at tug.org (in copy).

 > [...]
> What would be the way to go, if we would like to assist maintaining
> them?

Khaled Hosny has already proposed himself for the maintainance, but I
think he has largely enough work with luaotfload... Khaled, what do you
think?

> Did you go over all ConTeXt files to select the parts relevant for
> plainTeX?

Actually the code of luamplib is isolated in ConTeXt, in the files here
http://source.contextgarden.net/tex/generic/context, especially
luatex-mplib.*

> Did you write a lot of code from scratch?

Not a lot, I just adapted the code to LaTeX. Also a bit of backward
compatibility (ConTeXt has no such thing) would be great, as the code
must change from LuaTeX 0.60 to LuaTeX 0.61 (iirc).

> Did you work closely with Hans on these packages?

Not at all...

Thank you!
--
Elie