[lltx] bug in the caches

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed May 19 12:34:53 CEST 2010

On 18-5-2010 10:34, Elie Roux wrote:
> Hello,
> I just spent some time debugging the error I had in luaotfload. It came
> from something I wasn't expecting: In the cache of the font, the
> filename is wrong because I moved the font. The problem is that
> specification.filename is not taken into account at all if there is a
> filename in the cache, even if this filename leads to no file.
> Hans, do you think you could change the files to fix this problem? (If
> I'm not wrong and if the problem has not already been fixed since the
> last time we sync, which is very recent).
> If not (this is more for the lualatex team), I thought about two solutions:
> - we could free the font cache when we call mkluatexfontdb, this would
> reset everything and it would be doable by the user in case of bug (that
> could appear later)
> - I can patch the ConTeXt files to check the filename, but it will be a
> bit more difficult to maintain...
> - we can do both!

i can check on the filename and do an additional lookup if needed but 
that's as far as i want to go; anything more complex is asking for 
troubles (also, as we're in code freeze time for tex live i'd rather not 
do drastic changes as something that might work at your end can equally 
well not work with context)


                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

More information about the lualatex-dev mailing list