[lltx] bug in the caches

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue May 18 23:14:57 CEST 2010

Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> But, by then, we would have been rendered the feature useless (and even
> annoying) to the majority of texlive users, I'd rather drop fc-list
> completely and relay solely on OSFONTDIR if it won't work with texlive
> out of box.

Whatever the decision taken, I think the support of luaotfload in
TeXLive 2010 will be far from perfect (no OSFONTDIR, no fc-list executed
directly), for political reasons about which we cannot do anything. The
question is to know what the smallest annoyance will be: not finding all
fonts (fonts found by fc-cache but not in OSFONTDIR) and forcing the
user to fill OSFONTDIR or not updating the database during compilation
time... I'm personaly in favor of the second solution, I don't think
users will be very happy about changing their texmf.cnf and having to
manually discover their fonts when fc is supposed to do that for them...
I think I know Khaled's opinion... what do other people think about that?

Thank you,
--
Elie