[lltx] luamicrotype?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Feb 23 11:55:45 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:25:40PM +0200, Élie Roux wrote:
> 2010/2/23 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:
> >
> > I still find the extra package unnecessary, what is the function of
> > luamicrotype packages besides switching microtypography on?
>
> Containing fine tuned settings for some fonts.

Hmm, we can just have single lua module with tables for each font, but
the question is: would such module be of interest to other packages
hence qualifying for its own package, or we should just ship it with
fontspec?

> > I'm not sure what the callbacks you are suggesting are for.
>
> The callbacks are to have an "auto" option (that would be default if
> fontspec is loaded with microtypographic option) that would look into
> a database of fine tuned settings and chose one for the font, instead
> of having to select something like \setmainfont[Protrusion=TeX Gyre
> Termes, Expansion =TeX Gyre Termes] {TeX Gyre Termes}, it would select
> the settings automatically... Wdyt?

Ah, then in the said module we can index fonts with their font names,
then fontspec can select presets based on that or just load a generic
default if non is present.