[lltx] luamicrotype?

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Feb 23 11:25:40 CET 2010

2010/2/23 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:

> I still find the extra package unnecessary, what is the function of
> luamicrotype packages besides switching microtypography on?

Containing fine tuned settings for some fonts.

> it can be
> done some thing like:
>
> \usepackage [Microtypography]{fontspec} % switch on microtypography

Good idea!

> \setmainfont[
>             Protrusion=Quality,        % user explicitly selects a preset
>             Expansion =Quality,
>            ] {TeX Gyre Termes}
> \setsansfont  {TeX Gyre Heros}          % otherwise 'default' preset is implied
>
> I'm not sure what the callbacks you are suggesting are for.

The callbacks are to have an "auto" option (that would be default if
fontspec is loaded with microtypographic option) that would look into
a database of fine tuned settings and chose one for the font, instead
of having to select something like \setmainfont[Protrusion=TeX Gyre
Termes, Expansion =TeX Gyre Termes] {TeX Gyre Termes}, it would select
the settings automatically... Wdyt?

Thank you,
--
Elie