[lltx] fontspec CTAN release

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Feb 15 06:04:18 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:20:04AM +1030, Will Robertson wrote:
> On 15/02/2010, at 1:49 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> > `luatex --luaonly luaotfload-fonts.lua` or `texlua luaotfload-fonts.lua`
>
> Seems like I'll have to do some debugging for Mac OS X:
>
> $ texlua luaotfload-fonts.lua
>
> luaotfload | detecting system: unix
> luaotfload | executing `fc-cat -v'
> /usr/share/fonts: No such file or directory
> /Library/Fonts: No such file or directory
> /Network/Library/Fonts: No such file or directory
> /System/Library/Fonts: No such file or directory
> /opt/local/share/fonts: No such file or directory
> /Users/will/.fonts: No such file or directory
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/encodings: No such file or directory
>
> luaotfload | Scanning directory /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/inconsolataluaotfload-fonts.lua:98: table index is nil
Could you try my last commits (though I doubt there will be any
difference).

> > AFAIK, no, but I didn't test your latest commits.
>
> I think the current problem you're having is that fontspec is assuming
> for now that all fonts under LuaTeX will be external (at that stage I
> didn't think system fonts were feasible for us yet). Will investigate.

AFAIK, it doesn't. The following works for me just fine:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}

\setmainfont{TeX Gyre Termes}

\begin{document}
Normal, \textbf{Bold}, \textit{Italic}, \textsc{Small Caps},
\textbf{\textit{Bold Italic}}, \textbf{\textsc{Bold Small Caps}}.
\end{document}