[lltx] testing latest otf code

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Dec 7 18:29:02 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 06:02:55PM +0100, Elie Roux wrote:
> Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> >
> >Anyway, Indic scripts are not supported (unless you are not using any
> >Indic specific features and doing all the processing yourself using
> >generic features). Hans can probably support Indic scripts if given a
> >clear specification and a set of tests (last I heard Indic OT
> >specification was a mess with MS releasing incompatible specs with every
> >new Windows release; non of the free OT engines have a reliable Indic
> >support.)
>
> Ok, I didn't know that... In fact TibetanMachineUni.ttf
> (http://norgz.guiling.fr/TibetanMachineUni.ttf) seemed to be working
> just fine with LuaTeX (before I messed up everything), and I have
> the feeling that some other fonts I have but are not working (such
> as http://norgz.guiling.fr/UChen.ttf) are made the same way... You
> can try for instance with a simple stack like སྐྱི, the stacking isn't
> OK...

I claim no understanding of Indic OT stuff, but AFAIK there are several
reordering and Indic specific positioning features that require engine
level support and can't be handled just like generic features, and that
specific support is what we are lacking.

> But anyway the problem I got is lua errors appearing in some
> otfl-node-* files, and I'd like to see if the latest versions are
> still buggy...
>
> Also, I just updated LuaTeX binary to latest svn version, and now
> this bug appears:

You shouldn't, luatex trunk contains several incompatible changes that
is to break current code (some in the lfs module, thus the errors you
see). Only versions on CTAN and texlive2010 of anything are tested.