[lltx] luaotfload cache file location

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 19:09:36 CEST 2010

On 10/04/2010, at 9:53 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> Unrelated remark: luaotfload is more convenient than XeTeX on one point: you
> don't need to change your fontconfig configuration in order for luaotfload to
> find the fonts in your texmf trees (which is quite unconvenient when you
> frequently switch between various versions of tex live).

This reminds me.
For the next version of fontspec I want to be more explicit about exact steps that users need to follow about loading fonts in XeTeX with fc-cache under both Linux and Windows. (And obviously analogous instructions for LuaTeX such as required.) As I understand things, it's not entirely automatic and there isn't a good central repository of instructions for doing this.

Only problem is, I've only ever used XeTeX on Mac so I'm kinda unfamiliar with the whole process on other platforms. Would I be able to commission some words from, er, someone :) on how to do this?

Many thanks,
-- Will