[lltx] luaotfload cache file location

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Apr 11 00:21:02 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 02:23:22PM +0200, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Concerning the location of luaotfload's cache file:
>
> TEXMVAR/luatex-cache/latex/names
>
> I don't understand why "latex", since luaotfload is a generic package. Also, I
> feel like the "names" component is vague and doesn't add any information.

It doesn't need to make sense, the path is used internally and should
not concern the user (as they weren't concerned about the path of cached
PK fonts), but your both points are valid and a better suggestion is
welcomed (we used 'latex' as opposed to 'context', and plain 'names'
because I was thinking it is a font only cache, so it wasn't ambiguous.)

> Unrelated remark: luaotfload is more convenient than XeTeX on one point: you
> don't need to change your fontconfig configuration in order for luaotfload to
> find the fonts in your texmf trees (which is quite unconvenient when you
> frequently switch between various versions of tex live). Thanks!

We simply use kpathsea, so whatever it find we see.