[lltx] luaotfload cache file location

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Apr 10 14:23:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

Concerning the location of luaotfload's cache file:

TEXMVAR/luatex-cache/latex/names

I don't understand why "latex", since luaotfload is a generic package. Also, I
feel like the "names" component is vague and doesn't add any information.

Unrelated remark: luaotfload is more convenient than XeTeX on one point: you
don't need to change your fontconfig configuration in order for luaotfload to
find the fonts in your texmf trees (which is quite unconvenient when you
frequently switch between various versions of tex live). Thanks!

Manuel.