[latexrefman] LaTeX Reference Manual - Italian translation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Feb 4 23:13:05 CET 2023

Hi Tommaso - thanks for writing! An Italian translation of the
"unofficial latex reference manual" would be very welcome.

    If yes, I kindly ask you to let me know how to start.

The main (almost only) source file is called latex2e.texi. You can
get it from here:
  https://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/latexrefman/trunk/latex2e.texi?view=co&content-type=text%2Fplain
then rename it to latex2e-it.texi, and just start translating :).

The only other file needed to process the document is common.texi:
  https://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/latexrefman/trunk/common.texi?view=co&content-type=text%2Fplain

With those two files, I think you should be able to get reasonable
output from running (for pdf) "texi2pdf latex2e-it.tex"
or (for html) "makeinfo --html latex2e-it.texi".

Alternatively, if you're ok with subversion, you can get a readonly
checkout of the whole source tree with this:
  svn checkout https://svn.gnu.org.ua/sources/latexrefman/trunk

None of us (me, Jim Hefferon, Vincent Belaiche) have been making many
changes lately, but every once in a while ...

We can also make it possible for you to commit changes yourself to svn,
but probably better to do that after you're farther along.

Hope this is enough to get started. Let me know if questions or
problems. And thanks for being interested in undertaking such a project!

All the best,
Karl