[latexrefman] This differs from word processing,

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:12:59 CEST 2021

Propagating r636 by Jim.

I would like to remove the whole sentence « This differs from word
processing, where you are formatting text as you input it. », added in
 node « Line breaking » :
* I don't think it has any added value about LaTeX
* LaTeX is also a word processor, this document is a reference manual,
not a sale pitch,
* usually when you use so called WYSIWYG word processor you also do
the same, adjusting the breaks in a final pass. A bigger concern is
that these processors are not really WYSIWYG, though pretending to be
instantly formatting : sometimes the paginated display differs from
the print preview…

Any objection against the removal ?
  V.

  V.