[latexrefman] jobname

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 13:52:40 CEST 2021

Please have a look at this
:https://groups.google.com/g/comp.text.tex/c/h-SKJ3gN56U

I think that \documentclass and \RequirePackage freeze the \jobname by
expanding it, and that is why the jobname is texput in command lines
such as « pdflatex '\documentclass{article}\input' 'body' ». However,
I have not confirmed yet this assumption by looking at their
definitions in the kernel source code.
I reworked however the jobname node, as attached.

Jim this is again some translation work for you.  Notably
* \jobname is not a macro, it is a primitive, and this has some consequences,
* I pushed all the gory details to the end of node for the sake of
progressivity into this matter
* below I prepared some French/English glossary to help you

- figer.= to freeze
- dérouter = to confuse/puzzle
- développer = to expand
- guillemets anglais = quote