[latexrefman] pdflatex -jobname=aa "\RequirePackage[draft]@{graphicx@}\input@{aa.tex@}"

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 30 00:49:01 CEST 2020

    one more reason for using \PassOptionsToPackage instead of
    \RequirePackage !

If it works with \PassOptionsToPackage, that is good.
The -jobname=aa example is still worth showing for its own sake.

All the various things you've pointed out seem worthwhile to me.
If you want to write a draft change, that would be good.

As I mentioned before, if all this stuff gets added, jobname needs to be
its own node.

    a more complete example can be found in the run_tex function of the
    bash script texi2dvi

It's a general Bourne shell script, not bash-specific. Anyway, yes, I
had "fun" messing around with that script in general and that feature
specifically. I see Gavin has substantially generalized it since I
worked on it. Yikes. --best, karl.