[latexrefman] pdflatex -jobname=aa "\RequirePackage[draft]@{graphicx@}\input@{aa.tex@}"

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:31:01 CEST 2020

Hello,

This example is in node Command line input.

There are two things:

* first, I think that \PassOptionsToPackage{draft}{graphicx} is safer,
especially when order of package loading matters.
* second -jobname=aa is useless here, and as such brings confusion

Finally, I think that there are two other special effect of interest

* changing the \today date :
   pdflatex "\year=1789 \month=7 \day=14 \input" BastilleDay.tex

* overcoming some special characters in the root filename, like this
to accept ~ in the name :
  pdflatex "\relax{\catcode126=11 \toks0{\input" temp~1 "
}\expandafter}\the\toks0 "
a more complete example can be found in the run_tex function of the
bash script texi2dvi
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/texinfo.git/tree/util/texi2dvi
Of course

  V.