[latexrefman] 1 space between \write and @var{number}

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:18:38 CEST 2020

I start a new thread not to mlx up everything in the « command vs macro » one.

Before I do any change, I would like to clarify that the motivation
for the change is that in info format there is a risk of
misunderstanding the synopsis with some \writeNUMBER that does not
exit. Indeed we don't want to encourage the user to insert unnecessary
spaces, just to avoid confusion specifically for the info output
format. Right ?

In such a case wouldn't it be more appropriate to insert @IXPS{}
instead of space, where we would have some @IXSP (standing Info eXtra
SPace) macro defined in the common.texi as follows:

@ifinfo
@macro IXSP
@tie{}
@end macro