[latexrefman] \DeclareRobustCommand

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jul 31 23:53:39 CEST 2017

    1) in "About this document", is retired sarcastic, meaning that LaTeX
    2.09 after many years of good services needs some rest now, or is it
    more neutral, just a synonym of withdrawn ?

That is not new text, is it? (I think it predates me.) Anyway, it's
certainly not sarcastic. Nor is "withdrawn" a synonym, because latex209
still exists and is available (and that's a good thing), but it's closer
to that. Perhaps "frozen" would be the most technically accurate word.
I changed it. I also changed "many years" to "decades".

    2) in "Overview", what does ``other'' mean in ``there are plenty of
    others available elsewhere'':

Other guides to LaTeX. I changed the text.

    3)  in "Class and package commands" what does ``that you invoked'' mean
    here ? :

The format used in the tex run at hand. I changed the text.

Meanwhile,

> They use the low-level e- at TeX{} protection mechanism rather than the

Please be specific, rather than referring to a vague "mechanism" and
"levels". If you mean eTeX's \protect primitive, just say that instead
of writing circumlotions around it.

(I'd change it but I can't look it all up right now.)

Thanks,
Karl