[latexrefman] \DeclareRobustCommand

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 12:41:05 CEST 2017

My comments below.

Le 31/07/2017 à 23:53, Karl Berry a écrit :
>      1) in "About this document", is retired sarcastic, meaning that LaTeX
>      2.09 after many years of good services needs some rest now, or is it
>      more neutral, just a synonym of withdrawn ?
>
> That is not new text, is it? (I think it predates me.) Anyway, it's
> certainly not sarcastic. Nor is "withdrawn a synonym, because latex209
> still exists and is available (and that's a good thing), but it's closer
> to that. Perhaps "frozen" would be the most technically accurate word.
> I changed it. I also changed "many years" to "decades".
>
>      2) in "Overview", what does ``other'' mean in ``there are plenty of
>      others available elsewhere'':
>
> Other guides to LaTeX. I changed the text.
>
>      3)  in "Class and package commands" what does ``that you invoked'' mean
>      here ? :
>
> The format used in the tex run at hand. I changed the text.
BTW, I amended your text, see why in the r576 ChangeLog. Hopefully
you'll agree my change.

> Meanwhile,
>
>> They use the low-level e- at TeX{} protection mechanism rather than the
> Please be specific, rather than referring to a vague "mechanism" and
> "levels". If you mean eTeX's \protect primitive, just say that instead
> of writing circumlotions around it.

I sort of summarized this description from the etoolbox package
manual. But, yes I understand that this is eTeX \protected primitive
(not LaTeX's \protect).

> (I'd change it but I can't look it all up right now.)
We are trying to stabilize before making a release with English/French
aligned. So let us do these changes after the release.

> Thanks,
> Karl

---