[l2h] I'd like a way to have four Greek words displayed in a .html file produced by LaTeX2HTML without too much space between adjacent Greek letters.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Tue Feb 12 08:15:03 CET 2013

On 2/12/2013 12:16 AM, Pat Somerville wrote:

> Here is a brief summary of the sort of things I have tried so far, but have not yet had the good-looking success I desire in LaTeX2HTML output with the four Greek words:
>
> A.
>
> ..
>
> \usepackage[greek,english]{babel}
>
> ..
>
> \begin{document}
>
> ..
>
> \greektext qronoc (to have "chi rho omicron nu omicron varsigma" in Greek letters)

> \latintext For English-language text here

> \end{document}
>
> That sort of thing worked in the .dvi (DeVice-Independent) file produced by a command of the
>form "latex MyFile.tex," but probably only produced "qronos" for me in the .html
>file produced by a latex2html ...... command using LaTeX2HTML 1.71.

I can't help since I get the same problem with (l2h 2008, 1.71) on Linux,
and I suspect this just means l2h does not have support for the Greek package?

But I tried your file above with htlatex, and it produced the correct out in html.
Here is a screen shot:

http://12000.org/tmp/021213/Drawing1.png

good luck,
--Nasser