[l2h] Forbidden acces on your latex2html server

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Apr 9 16:50:14 CEST 2007

Hello Yves,

On 08/04/2007, at 2:06 PM, Yves MANEGLIA wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I’ve seen that your one of the people who have programmed Latex2html.
>
> The problem is that it is impossible to download one of your
> version of Latex2html onhttp://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/
> ~latex2ht/node6.html because it appears the following message :
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /~latex2ht/current/ on this
> server.
>
> Apache Server at saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de Port 80

Thanks for alerting me to this problem.

The sysadmin guys at Bayreuth have now corrected
the problem that was causing the lack of access.

> Could you solve this problem please, because nobody else on the net
> is proposing to download Latex2html.
>
> THANX A LOT!!!!!!

This has been fixed now.  (No need to shout.)

It's not that uncommon for such problems to occur
when older systems are updated for newer software.
All it requires is for someone to notice and report
the difficulty.

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au