[l2h] cant open perl script

Alan Fry ajf at afco.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 11:21:55 CEST 2007

On 8 Apr 2007, at 06:41, Vishwesha Guttal wrote:

> Hi,
> When I try to compile a tex file using latex2html, I get the following
> output/error.
>
> -------------
> This is LaTeX2HTML Version 2002-2-1 (1.71)
> by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.
>
> Revised and extended by:
>  Marcus Hennecke, Ross Moore, Herb Swan and others
> ...producing markup for HTML version 3.2
>

> Extension: loading /usr/local/share/lib/latex2html/versions/latin1.pl
> HTML version: loading /usr/local/share/lib/latex2html/versions/
> html3_2.pl
>
>  *** processing declarations ***
>
> OPENING /home/vishw/cv/final/large-vish-cv.tex
>
> Cannot create directory large-vish-cv/: File exists, reusing it.
>
> Note: Working directory is /home/vishw/cv/final/large-vish-cv
> Note: Images will be generated in /tmp/l2h23590
>
> Can't open perl script "/usr/local/bin/texexpand": No such file or
> directory.
> Use -S to search $PATH for it.
>  texexpand  failed: No such file or directory
> ------------
>
> What shoud I do to fix this?
> thanks..
> Vishwesha

Have you looked for the file 'texepand' to see if it does exist and
if so where it is? That would be the first thing to do I think; run
the command line 'locate texepand' for instance.

What system you are running? If it is Mac OS I might be able to help,
if not others may be able to shed some light on the problem.

HTH,

Alan Fry