[l2h] plastex

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at gmx.de
Sun Nov 12 22:40:19 CET 2006

Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> writes:

> Thanks for your reply, but I don't understand: there's no Windows .exe
> file in the plastex distribution (at least none that I could find).

> So what command line did you type???

You run a Python script under Windows by calling

  python path\to\script.py

In order to make this easier, I wrote a batch file for calling plastex
which is saved in my path. On my system Python is installed at
f:\python. So the batch file is called plastex.bat and it looks like
this:

  f:\python\python.exe f:\python\Scripts\plastex %1

This way, you can call

  plastex path\to\test.tex

under Windows for any LaTeX file you want to test plastex with. And
that's what I did. And it didn't work with any of the articles I wrote
recently. Plastex only worked with the minimal example document I
posted earlier, which isn't much yet. However, I am happy about any
effort that goes into LaTeX converters. So, I would say it is a
beginning.

Jürgen.