[l2h] totally basic...

Alfa Diallo mcatpearls at mac.com
Sat Dec 24 11:30:10 CET 2005

Hi, I am VERY new to using the Terminal on my Mac PowerBook.

Still, I would very much like to install latex2html to help advance
my open-source publishing project. I've downloaded the 2002-2-1 Ver.
of latex2html (Oct. 2004) and unzipped it. That's as far as I've
gotten after several tries using the Terminal.

I tried using the Readme instructions but have gotten no where
(besides renaming CONFIG.BAT to CONFIG.CMD). I'm not even sure how to
"modify the PERL environment setting (in CONFIG.CMD)" as
the next step of the directions asks. Pitiful.

So, what I was wondering - is there a step-by-step instruction set
that explains the commands and holds the hand of the non-coding
inclined?

Any help, guidance or hand-holding would greatly be appreciated,

Alfa Diallo, MD, MPH
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD