[l2h] totally basic...

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Dec 27 04:39:19 CET 2005

Hello Alfa,

On 24/12/2005, at 9:30 PM, Alfa Diallo wrote:

> Hi, I am VERY new to using the Terminal on my Mac PowerBook.
>
> Still, I would very much like to install latex2html to help advance
> my open-source publishing project. I've downloaded the 2002-2-1
> Ver. of latex2html (Oct. 2004) and unzipped it. That's as far as
> I've gotten after several tries using the Terminal.
>
> I tried using the Readme instructions but have gotten no where
> (besides renaming CONFIG.BAT to CONFIG.CMD). I'm not even sure how
> to "modify the PERL environment setting (in CONFIG.CMD)" as
> the next step of the directions asks. Pitiful.

Well, since Mac OS X is a Unix system, not DOS-based, then you are
looking
at quite the wrong files.

> So, what I was wondering - is there a step-by-step instruction set
> that explains the commands and holds the hand of the non-coding
> inclined?

Look at the instructions for installing LaTeX2HTML under Unix.

Alternatively, you can use  fink , which should also handle
installation of the  netpbm  utilities.

Unfortunately there's no  iInstaller  version yet.

> Any help, guidance or hand-holding would greatly be appreciated,

Hope this helps.

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au