[l2h] Indic-TeX/HTML

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Dec 7 20:05:00 CET 2005

Hi Bob,

On 08/12/2005, at 2:25 AM, Bob Hueckstedt wrote:

> So, I found the spot in latex2html.bat file that Ross Moore
> specified. It is there and checks out exactly as he wrote it in his
> email.
>
> Yes, there is a file preproc in the test subdirectory. It has in it
> this line: rename images.pre images.dn; devnag  images.dn images.tex
>
> (The background to getting this to work was that I had to change
> the relevant command in the devnagri.perl file from mv to rename.)

OK. This looks like I never adapted  devnagri.perl  to be OS
independent.
viz.

rossmoor% grep -n RENAME devnagri.perl
115:$RENAME = 'mv';     # Unix
116:#$RENAME = 'rename'; # DOS
178:            "$RENAME ${PREFIX}images.pre ${PREFIX}images.dn; ";
216:            "$RENAME ${PREFIX}images.pre ${PREFIX}images.dn; ";

line 115 is adapted for Unix, whereas the DOS version is commented-out.

But simply using the appropriate command may not be enough.

> I ran both those commands from the command line, and both worked.

You say that these commands each work separately:
   rename images.pre images.dn
   devnag images.dn images.tex

But do they work under XP/DOS as a single compound command ?
   rename images.pre images.dn ; devnag images.dn images.tex

If not, then the file  preproc  needs to be constructed by
putting them on separate lines.
That is, under DOS the ';' towards the end of lines 178 and 216
needs to become a line-end combination  "\r\n" .
viz.,
    "$RENAME ${PREFIX}images.pre ${PREFIX}images.dn\r\n";

Would you edit  devnagri.perl  to test this please.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au