[l2h] Indic-TeX/HTML

Bob Hueckstedt rah2k at virginia.edu
Thu Dec 8 16:49:55 CET 2005

Dear Ross Moore,
Thank you for the help.

I first tried the double command rename images.pre images.dn; devnag . . .

The return on that was: The syntax of the command is incorrect.

So I edited devnagri.perl as you suggested, changing ";" to "\r\n",
giving this line at both line 178 and at line 216:
"$RENAME ${PREFIX}images.pre ${PREFIX}images.dn\r\n";

I ran latex2html on the little test.dn file. The response was:

Writing image.pre file . . .
Cannot open file images.dn

I looked at the preproc file and found:

rename images.pre images.dn
1
devnag  images.dn images.tex

So, we do have separate lines, but perhaps that "1" is throwing things
off?  But why would it prevent (does it prevent?) rename from working? I
couldn't find out where that 1 might come from, even after running
latex2html test.dn with the -debug option.

Befuddled,
Bob