[l2h] Indic-TeX/HTML

Bob Hueckstedt rah2k at virginia.edu
Wed Dec 7 16:25:16 CET 2005

Dear Ross Moore and James Lynch,
Thank you both for the help.

Here is what I've done and the results.

First, I thought it would be easier to get the executables for the
netpbm files I don't have and try that. (By the way, I knew I did not
have these particular files because during the config run, I was told
that those files were not found. When I looked for them in the netpbm
directory, I found perl files, sans file extension names, instead of
.exe files, which I think config specifically looks for.) I found and
copied into the netpbm directory ppmquant.exe and pnmflip.exe. I still
have no file anytopnm.exe.

I ran latex2html on my simple test file again, and the same result occurred.

So, I found the spot in latex2html.bat file that Ross Moore specified.
It is there and checks out exactly as he wrote it in his email.

Yes, there is a file preproc in the test subdirectory. It has in it this
line: rename images.pre images.dn; devnag  images.dn images.tex

(The background to getting this to work was that I had to change the
relevant command in the devnagri.perl file from mv to rename.)

I ran both those commands from the command line, and both worked.

??,
RAH